Bridezilla Takes Manhattan

The honour of your company is requested to join in the joy (and hell) of planning a wedding in New York City. RSVP not required. Sympathy requested. Gifts encouraged.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I'm loving Angels instead...

I have become certifiably obsessed with the Angel Orensanz Foundation. It seems to be exactly what I want my location to be: amazing, stunning, gorgeous and so incredibly different. Plus, Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick got married there. 'Nuff said.

So, here's the rub: It's $13,500 to rent the space for a Saturday night. And, while that includes the beautiful space, the tables and chairs and a lighting designer, it does not include FOOD, alcohol and, according to one person I talked to, ovens or fridges. So, basically you find yourself starting out $14,000 in the hole. This is a problem because, while I seem to share S.J.P's taste, I don't, sadly, share her bank account.

Still, I can't bear not to see it (I'm a marriage masochist, it seems) so I'm going to visit it this week. It could happen, right? I may just have to end up having it catered by White Castle...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home