Bridezilla Takes Manhattan

The honour of your company is requested to join in the joy (and hell) of planning a wedding in New York City. RSVP not required. Sympathy requested. Gifts encouraged.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Location, location, location...

So I visited my first two locations yesterday: Bridgewaters and Tribeca Rooftop. Loved and disliked things about both...

Bridgewater Pros: Great terrace on the smaller room. Larger room has amazing views of the Brooklyn Bridge. Pricey but doable. Staff seems super sweet and very willing to work with you.

Bridgewater Cons: The smaller room has boats hanging from the ceiling. Big, wooden boats. I'm into seeing boats on the water outside--but not above my head. It all seems a bit too "Ahoy, matey!"

Tribeca Rooftop Pros: Un-freaking-believable roof. To-die-for views. Ginormous. Super chic.

Tribeca Rooftop Cons: Saturday night minimum is 200 guests (they refuse to budge on this) and, since we're going to have about 150, we would have to pay for 50 phantom people. Price is more than my entire budget so we would either have to 1) win the lottery 2) come up with more $$ or 3) have no flowers, e-vites instead of invitations and I would have to shop at Target for my dress. Also the rooftop is really the draw here, so I would probably give myself an ulcer worrying about bad weather. If it rains that day, you probably literally want to throw yourself off the roof...

Next on the list: The Lighthouse/Pier Sixty, Loft 11/Westside Loft, Central Park Boathouse, Orsanz Foundation, eloping...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it's any consolation, we did a tasting at Tribeca Rooftop, and the food was both somewhat predictable (in that "fancy event cuisine" way) and bland. Since good food was our #1 priority, that didn't work. I highly recommend any place Abigail Kirsch caters - either their owned locations (like the Lighthouse) or one of the outside places they'll do. They had delicious food (people actually asked us to track down recipes for some of the hors d'oeuvres after the event), good service, and just amazing customer relations with a dedicated coordinator who handles all the day of crap.

12:27 PM  
Blogger bridezilla said...

Hmmm...good to know! (I also thought it was a little sketch that Tribeca Rooftop only offers an "appetizer/salad" combo. For what they charge I want quality AND quantity!) So very interesting! Thanks for the tip about Abigail Kirsch. (Was your wedding at the Lighthouse? I'm visiting there later this week...) I've heard amazing things about their food. The search continues...

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home